Child Care Consultation
Child Care Health Consultation is a collaborative project between the Missouri Department of Health and Local Public Health Departments throughout Missouri to provide child care health consultation services to child care providers.
Annual sanitation inspections have been conducted in all regulated child care facilities since October of 1997. County and City health agency personnel are contracted to conduct the sanitation inspections.
Annual sanitation inspections are conducted to protect children in and out of home care from environmental hazards such as exposure to disease, harmful chemicals and lead hazards.
Who can receive Child Care Nurse Consultation Program Services?
– Child Care Providers
What services are offered?
– Consultation at child care homes, group homes, or centers regarding child health and safety concerns,
– Training for child care providers to improve their knowledge of healthy and safe practices, (Training clock hours are awarded to child care staff.),
– Education and health consultation for family members of children enrolled in a child care facility, and
– Health Promotion presentations for children in child care settings.
Topics may include:
– Communicable Disease
– Children with Special Needs
– Dental Health
– Emergency Preparedness
– First Aid/CPR
– Injury Prevention and Safety
– Asthma…and many others