Special Needs Registration
The Carter County Health Center along with the Carter County Emergency Management Agency is developing a registry of individuals with Special Healthcare Needs who may require special assistance in the event of a disaster such as a tornado, severe storm, flood or earthquake.
Examples of Special Healthcare Needs are individuals:
· With severe respiratory problems (oxygen or ventilator dependent) that require a power source or ambu bag
· Dependent on airway suctioning (tracheotomy)
· On IV (intravenous) therapy
· Require tube feedings
· Require wound care or help with injections on a daily basis
· With physical or mental conditions that require daily medication
· Language or cultural barrier
· Hearing or Speech Impairment
This is a voluntary registration. The information you provide will be confidential and will be used by emergency personnel only to determine our community’s needs in the event of a disaster. In an emergency event you may be contacted via telephone, by an in-office staff or automated message, or by text message. Should you wish to be included in the registry, please complete the questionnaire.
If there are any questions, feel free to call the Carter County Health Center at 573-323-4413.